Skip to main content

New Song Reveal: "As I Walk in the Spirit"

   How one's creativity is expressed is a beloved mystery. Sometimes it takes years of dedication and sometimes sparks fly and develop into moments of fire. This is one of those latter projects. What this might look like in a few years has yet to be discussed, but at least what we have below is exciting!

This song was written under the inspiration of God while reading Galatians 5, specifically verses 19-26 where it reads,

"The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other."


   As I reflected on the fruits of the Spirit and contrasted them with the fruits of the flesh, I reflected on our everyday experience of stepping out of a reality of death and into a reality controlled by the Spirit, one that gives life, joy, peace, patience and more. Sometimes it feels like we take one step forward and two steps backward, but more often than not, we don't see very down the path. Our faith is required and we are called to simply trust and obey.

   We've included the video and chord chart below for reference. The audio is also available on our Sound Cloud (upper left). If you are inspired by the lyrics, music, or scripture portion, leave a comment below or message us. 




Chord Chart and Lyrics


Intro:
Em     D      G       C2
Em  D  C2

Verse 1:
G          Em                     C2
I am called to be free
G                    D         Em               C2  
I am free from these chains, but I  am off the chain
G          Em                     C2
I am called to be me
G                    D         Em               C2  
I am called to die to my self. 
G          Em                     C2
I am called to his peace
G                    D         Em               C2  
 for a piece of the pie I would die
G          Em                     C2
I am called to his love
G                    D         Em               C2  
I am called to be all that he was.

Chorus :
Em      D              G       C2
As I walk in the Spirit, step by step, 
Em      D              C2
I am walking today.
Em      D               G       C2
As I walk in the Spirit, step by step, 
Em      D              C2
I am walking today.

Verse 2:
G        Em                C2  
I have walked into dischord
G                  D             Em     C2  
I have been known to ruin a song
G        Em                C2  
I have stepped into envy
G                    D             Em         C2        
I should have known to whom I belong
G           Em         C2  
I should run into kindness
G           D             Em               C2  
 People love the smile on your face
G          Em                     C2  
I’ll skip straight to your goodness
G                    D         Em               C2  
I would have none if not for your grace. 

Chorus :

Bridge:

D                                                                  C2
The Father is the Gardner and Jesus is the vine
D                                                                   C2
And we are the branches and the fruit is divine
D                                           C
Would you give the world a taste

Outro:
Em      D                    C2
Holy Spirit Come
Come and Fill Us Up
With the fruit of the Spirit
We Can't Get Enough








New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthdays. Everywhere. Especially today.

Today was pretty awesome. Well, with Jesus, every day is inspires awe in me. Today is my birthday as I was born from my mother's womb on April 13th, 1986 at 6:55 in the evening. But my physical birth isn't to be celebrated as much as another birth we saw happen in front of our eyes . We met a gentlemen today who came in broken mess, but left a new creation ( 2nd Corinthians 5:17 ). God called him home today and like the prodigal son, he returned and he used us to reach him. I am humbled. As we lead the Lima, Oh Salvation Army in worship and shared what was on our hearts, the Lord was speaking. I looked over our notes after washing and dressing and I prayed this morning that the Lord would say what he would through us. He certainly had a lot to say. We laughed, we cried, we sang, and we were very blessed. It's so good to know that God didn't close the curtain on our drama because of the bomb we made of it. It's good news that out of His great love for us and

Continue Praying!

What an awesome opportunity we have in these days. The fields are ripe and it's time to harvest. Please continue to pray for us. Dave is going back to Camp SWONEKY this Summer as well as a mission trip to Jamaica! I am continuing to work at the Sal and look for opportunity to share with God's people. We have vision that we believe is coming from the Holy Spirit. We have a cause. Pray that we can gather the resources that we need and that we ration them effectively. Pray for us to get DEEP into the word and hide it in our hearts. Pray that we would become love so that wherever we go, people want what we have.

Rockin' Lock-In

Blessings.  You are on our hearts and we sincerely hope you have seen God's blessing since our last update. A slight change of plans have occurred in our minds. David Webb will be MCing and speaking at the 2013 Rockin' Lock-In event being held at The Salvation Army Columbus Citadel on December 31. We've decided to participate musically about halfway through the night (3:00am). We are planning a setlist that will consist of some familiar worship songs and a few originals and we're running through some of the song details until then.  If you don't know about the Rockin' Lock-In on December 31st, more information can be obtained by clicking on the picture below which is linked to the Facebook Page.